These healthy dog training treats are quite easy to make and a brilliant soft training treat.
Don’t tell anyone, but this is the real reason all of the dogs flood to me at the dog park … they can smell these a mile away in my pocket!
I found that keeping most of the training treats (as this recipe makes hundreds of small treats) in the freezer, and only taking out small amounts at a time, helped keep them fresh for longer.
2 tins of tuna (7 ounce or 185 grams) in springwater.
1/2 cup feta cheese.
1 cup rice flour.
1 cup oats.
1/2 cup grated chedder cheese.
Turn oven on low at 175 degrees C /350 degrees F.
- Put all tuna (and the water in tin) in a bowl, then add feta cheese and stir.
- Add the egg, chedder cheese and oats and mix.
- Last of all mix in the rice flour. The dough will be soft and sticky.
- Take a baking tray and spoon out the dough. Smooth it out so it covers the entire tray (be careful not to make it too thick or your treats will be too large)
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Take treats out and let them cool.
- Cut them into thin strips, then tear the strips into as small a treat you can – or to a size to suit your dog.